Michigan Forest Biomass Information System
Welcome to FBIS. To get started calculating forest biomass, click the "Start FBIS" link below.
- New look for main website.
- ARCGIS 10.3.1
- Road Buffer Tool
10/30/2012 - Bugfix
- Fixed calculation of residuals, which was biased in the 10/24/2012 update.
10/24/2012 - Bugfix
- Fixed calculation of net growth after removals, which was biased in the 5/24/2012 update.
Users should re-run reports completed between 5/24/2012 and 10/24/2012.
5/24/2012 - Improved base data on all inventory attributes
- This change is transparent to users, though queries will return new (and more accurate) results.
- The underlying mapping model for each biomass/inventory parameter was rebuilt using new methods.
The new model is much more accurate for growth, mortality and removals attributes.
- For the Print and Export Image functions, popup blockers must allow the website to open a new browser window
"This report was prepared as an account of work sponsored by an agency of the United States Government. Neither the
United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied,
or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information,
apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference
herein to any specific commercial product, or service by trade name, trademark, manufactured, or otherwise does not necessarily
constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof.
The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government
or any agency thereof."