Michigan Forest Biomass Information System
Welcome to FBIS Help.
Working with the Polygon Tool
The polygon tool will calculate the biomass contained within a polygon drawn on the screen by the user.
- Select Biomass Tools then Select by Polygon.
- A small window will open up. Click the Add Polygon icon in the lower left of the window.
- Previously added points and polygons will be removed when you click the icon.
- Add a polygon to the map by clicking the mouse where the vertices should be established. Double click on the
last vertex to finalize the polygon. You can add only one polygon at a time.
- Click Compute Biomass to start the task to calculate biomass within the polygon.
- Wait for a popup chart to appear. This can take anywhere from several seconds to several minutes depending on the size of the buffer zone.
- See Working with Results for further details.
- A polygon graphic will be drawn on the map as part of the process.